Friday, January 23, 2009

January Update

I know I haven't posted for a while. That's because there were heavy snow in Vancouver, and I can't get to anywhere, especially for kendo as well. I have just started doing kendo again last week. I think I have lost some skills already.

Tomorrow is my first intercolegiate taikai. Lenard and Shinozaki are both pushing me to win. Hiding behind my intentions, I want to win badly as well. And it's not for pride or anything, just because I decided so. and I don't even want to keep the trophy.. if i win.

I have been training as hard I can, doing subaris 400 times every non-kendo day, but I am still facing serveral big bad habits: 1 is that whenever i go for men i lift up my head. 2 is that with so much training on do, mine still look very scary. 3. my kote speed has increased thanks to my wrist training, but it is not very accurate on people who keep their kote straight.

I have so much more to improve on in order to win the tournament, yet I can't achieve them. I guess I'll just have to make do what I have. Fight for a good fight!

No comments: