Monday, June 23, 2008

June 23rd kendo

went to SFU. my left foot padding broke out very badly, i will need to use tapes for kendo for a while.

sensei was training me to push back during tsuba suriaki, he was giving me a hard lesson, and it turned out that both of us were laughing afterwards. first time seeing sensei laugh during practice. I think he was trying to make me push back, or stand my ground hard enough and don't give a inch, but i still did, just started to manuver side ways to redirect his push.

i still need to watch my distance problem, i attack when it's too close, and i need to listen to opportunities appear, and not do nothing when opportunities appear.

sensei was saying that i have too much extra uncessary motion during basics, i should train to be straight and direct.

I really want to continue my training, but it looks like it's more beneficial to stop and let my foot heal for a while. I'm now just afraid of the after extreme kendo effect, where you practiced so much that you don't know how painful your body really feels because you were loaded with endorphins, but when the exercise is gone after a few days, every part of your body start coming back and screaming with pain. also i could miss my social life really badly. kendo is the only social life i have these days... if you consider that a kind of social life, no talking, no smiling, just screaming at each other and hit each other in the head.

kendo has changed me, now i am more comfortable meeting people pointing a stick at their throat than to smile and talk about random things.

No comments: