Sunday, June 15, 2008

Practice on June 10th, 12th and 14th 2008

current reason for kendo: conquering the subconsciousness of self, modifying it to become sharper, resillient, and less prone to behavioral response.

since thursday last week, my feet's muscle has not been doing well. somehow if i jump, my nerve will start sending pain signals, making my entire feet feel painful and cannot stand my weight and momentum. I don't really know if it's the muscle's problem or the nervous system's problem, but I know I have been working pretty hard last week. Zack has been pushing me harder, especially in after finishing a hit, I should rush through with full speed and keep the zenshin. it could have been because of that, or it could be that i tapped my right foot too hard during practice. walking was a bit painful until wednesday.

unfortunately, i can't push myself hard enough on tuesday or thursday. tuesday was because of the pain, and after thursday, my left foot's meat padding starts to bleed inside, and I just can't stand the pain. yeah, i know. one of the thing i must be working on is to ignore the pain more effectively, fight on even i feel painful in any part of my body. somehow i cannot get away from that primitive habbit... one of the thing i must be working on.

thursday was better. it was also Giwan (sp)'s Bday, had fun with Bday beat. during geiko, I started to become more defensive when sparring with Zack. I was just able to get away from those defensive habbits last thursday, unfortunately, they came back again.

saturday i practiced in Zosokan (sp). Okusa sensei is still doing his best reminding me to do something after my initial strike, and don't just stand there being hit. bad habbit never change.. eh. I think it's completely the foot problem. if my foot feels painful during practice, i have a tendency not to keep them in stance, and lost my readiness to strike right after attack.

so there are three things i need to work on for my footwork: 1. every strike, i must tap with my foot 2. after strike, get back to kamai (sp) right away 3. after body check, either extend my foot forward to obsorb my opponenet's momentum and my foot stance, or use the energy to fall back and do hiki waza. never leave my foot flat on the floor, it's a terrible habbit.

my back has also been hurting. David is saying that I shouldn't lean back that much during strike, otherwise i lose my momentum. though, it does feel nice to strike with my back, if i swing big enough, my right foot doesn't even have to move forward for body to get the forwarding effect.

No comments: