Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Several Kendo practices

looks like I haven't posted for a while.

I probably have gotten lazy. I am still learning in each practice, but the progress doesn't feel like a lot. Okusa sensei was teaching some techniques in body checking, and he focuses quite a lot in body checking these few practices. while harding sensei is taking it easy, and teaches me to keep my center even during tsuba suriaki, keeping my elbow in so that he won't recognize that i am attacking when i widens my elbow, which a bad sign for it. with elbow stay in, it is much harder to do any hiki waza, because the direction of the force is not directly on pushing the other person's hands sideways, but to lead them slightly to the side, and use the rest of the saved force to do the attack.

No comments: